Thursday 4 February 2016

NASTY GAL X COURTNEY LOVE

When I first heard about Courtney Love's collection for Nasty Gal, I was intrigued. But not overly excited. When I first saw that puff sleeved 'babydoll' dress however, I was ecstatic. Like, OMG. Then it came in that princess blue colour and the incredible Purse n' Boots (Ashley Glorioso) styled it with fishnets, then I saw all the cute slips and that tutu dress and... well... Courtney, thank you. 

As I approached the collection online the day it came out, the majority of the collection was available in almost every size and of course, the babydoll dress was the first to go in my cart. I did have a bit of debate over which colour to get but black usually triumphs when I have a debate like this. I still had to get my hands on that unique Cinderella blue however so I bought one of the more affordable slips in that shade. Oops...
I wanted to get some super cool shots in these dresses so instead of leaving it to the self timer on my camera (or my reluctant boyfriend) to take the shots, I called in the help of photographer Ellie Clinch (Ellie Morag) who took some shots in the streets of Edinburgh and the grimy stairwell in my flat. I hope you enjoy the way I styled them..


**cute choker is in fact attached to the slip

I am wearing BOOTS, not tights.

Majorly regretting wearing ankle socks :/
**side note: slip and boots are a lot paler in person, this was a super pastel outfit!

I'm sorry that there are no pics of the slip in full swing but it was bloody freezing! I recently featured a back shot on my Instagram though (I posted that at the end of this blog post). I swooned over these boots when Charlotte Olympia first released them. The idea of over the knee lurex boots was almost too good to be true let alone the idea that I would ever own them. Costing around £400, there was no way a poor student like me could afford them but as the winter sales rolled in, I stumbled across them on Harvey Nichols and could not believe my luck. They have since sold out most places but are still available full price in black on Net-A-Porter and Agent Provocateur, who recently released their collection with Olympia and have stocked the stiletto heel version!



appropriate knee scab..

creepin'... as per

Nasty Gal X Courtney Love dress, vintage Schott 'Perfecto' jacket, Emilio Cavalli fishnets, ZARA creepers 

For this look I wanted to completely contrast with the last and go full on Hole with fishnets, leather and Edinburgh's most minging stairwell/balcony (my own). These awesome Alexander Wang-esque creepers I scored in the ZARA sale for £25 and unfortunately they are now sold out however there are plenty flatforms floating around ASOS and Underground London

Thanks for reading! 

G

More shots :







No comments:

Post a Comment